Looking for venture capital or start up guidance? Here are the local sources we recommend:
Guidance & Expert Access
The Northwest ISBDC offers small business owners and start-up entrepreneurs expert guidance and a comprehensive network of resources for little to no cost. We serve the seven counties of NW Indiana: Lake, Porter, La Porte, Newton, Jasper, Pulaski and Starke counties. We help you Start Stronger, Grow Faster, and Work Smarter.
Regional Host: Purdue University Northwest
- ISBDC Business Advisors can provide:
- One-on-one business counseling at no charge
- A business plan template and advice and assistance as you develop your business plan.
- Loan assistance
- Market data, demographic and spending data, competitor and customer lists
- Workshops and events on topics of interest to business owners
- Connections to business resources to aid in starting and growing your business
Elevate Ventures manages several funds that provide angel and venture capital-type investments to Indiana-based companies during their early stages of growth. Eligible companies are those that appear poised for explosive growth based on a significant competitive advantage such as a new technology. Elevate takes an equity or near-equity position in the companies in which it invests, and provides experienced guidance as the companies grow.
Provides strategic sales planning, market research and leadership assessment for second-stage companies that have the intent and capacity to grow their business with sales from outside of Indiana. Services are provided at no charge by highly experienced experts tailored to each business’ particular situation.
- Indiana-based company
- Revenue between $750,000 to $25 million
- 5-100 employees